Tuesday, January 08, 2013

Beach Cottage Style: A Great Day at the Beach

Is the beach your happy place, like mine? I felt the urge to start a new beach series.

This painting having intense color, texture, and simplicity, that was the original intention of this painting. I started by putting down a layer of color with texture. Then after that dries, I add other colors on top with a palette knife (the fun part) and take away some of the paint here and there with a rag to see what surprises of color may pop up (another fun part). I hope you enjoy this painting and new series coming up. Let me know if you are interested in this series, if it "feeds" your soul.

Here it is:

"A Great Day at the Beach"
Medium: Acrylic on gallery-wrapped canvas
Size: 16" x 20" x 1.5"
 Date: 2013




A Great Day at the Beach

 Close Up View of Texture


Could you just see this in a beach house somewhere? Or perhaps, in your bedroom to bring that memory of solitude?
Thank you,
Allison

   

2 comments:

Nancy Teague said...

Your painting does make it FEEL like it's a great day at the beach! Wonderful inviting hues. Makes me want to go to the beach - even though I'm in NE!

romany soul said...

I love the feel of light and space. Beautiful.

Observations

Good Day! Here's another edition to my creative exercises on paper, "Observations". I really love this piece, it has an Ocea...