Friday, June 15, 2012

"Going IntraCoastal". Life at the NC Beach.

I've decided to change things up a little bit with my painting. A new color palette for my new beach/water series. I'm using softer colors of pastels with hints of some vibrant color just to make the painting "pop"!
Here is one of my latest of this new series, "Going IntraCoastal". I like this painting.  It has a rough, palette knife texture, with soft hues. The colors range from pure white to lime, pinks, violets, turquoise, to light blues. This painting reminds me of the memories of living near the NC IntraCoastal Waterway and watching the boats pass by waiting for their turn to go through the swing bridge.

Hope you are enjoying this new series and color choices. This one was hard to photograph with so much bright white, but I hope you can see enough to get the idea.


"Going IntraCoastal"
24" x 18" (h) x 1.2" deep
Acrylic'


Close Up 1


Close Up 2

Hope you enjoy seeing this new painting, let me know what you think. There's more to come, stay tuned!
Allison


No comments:

Observations

Good Day! Here's another edition to my creative exercises on paper, "Observations". I really love this piece, it has an Ocea...