Friday, January 27, 2012

Then Came Turquoise

So what's on the easel for today, you ask? Well, I'll be happy to show you. Something fun. I'm presently working on a new intuitive series. Basically, the process of this painting is this, I paint layers of color and I use a scraper (the fun part) and move the paint where I want it to go. Then I see the interesting colors that form and the movement of the paint. At times, I literally squeeze out paint from the tubes onto the canvas to get that punch of color right where I want it. Some areas of paint are scraped away and some are left behind. I go through large amounts of paint, but the look is worth it. This is a very large painting
Hope you like, "Then Came Turquoise". It came to show off.

"Then Came Turquoise"
40" x 30"
Acrylic
Gallery wrapped canvas



 Close Up 


Another Close Up View

9 comments:

Sandra Pineault said...

I love these piece, the color is awesome and the push and pull of the design just great, must be wonderful as it is a large canvas,,,

Sandra Pineault said...

OOps, too early and made a typo...

Shannon Grissom said...

Beautiful color!

Lisa Graham said...

This is really awesome! I bet it WAS fun to paint! Your work has such a happy energy to it.

AllisonReeceArt said...

Thank you Sandra, Shannon, and Lisa for the nice compliments! The next painting coming up is even more exciting to me than this one...stay tuned! Allison

Franziska San Pedro said...

Hi Allison,

what a beautiful painting!!! And turquoise is my favorite color :)

Very brave painting, LOVE it,

Franziska San Pedro
Flavor Designs

Janet Vanderhoof said...

Love the color and the design.

Jodi Dann said...

This painting is a fave. Of coarse anything with turquoise turns my head. The color seems to appear quite often in my paintings. Love the bravery you had to throw on the turqoise.

Stephanie Clayton said...

i love turquoise, my favorite color to work with. your painting just glows!

Observations

Good Day! Here's another edition to my creative exercises on paper, "Observations". I really love this piece, it has an Ocea...