Tuesday, November 01, 2011

Grand Funk, do you remember?

Another painting completed, would you be interested in seeing this one? "Grand Funk" is full of vibrant color, lines and texture. Don't you just love vivid  rich blues, purples, reds and little touch of warmth add from the yellows to the oranges? I do. This abstract painting has movement with a blue texture grid running through the painting. What does it make you think of, a railroad, perhaps? I gave the pleasure of naming this painting to my husband, Mike. Thus, the name "Grand Funk". Do you remember the The Grand Trunk Western? (And you thought I was referring to the band, right?) A former railroad line, and if he had the opportunity, he'd love to give you all the details. I did enjoy working on this one, I have to say...the vibrancy of the palette...just makes one feel alive.

Moving right along, here's the painting!


"The Grand Funk"
24" x 36"
Acrylic
Sold!

Close Up View

Another Close Up View

Hope you enjoyed seeing my latest addition from the art studio.


8 comments:

Heedless said...

OOOOhhh!! I LOVE it!!! Great colors....FUN!

Cheryl said...

What happy colors! Yes, I did think of the band. :o)

Swarez said...

Delicious!!!

AllisonReeceArt said...

Thank you for taking the time to leave nice comments and compliments to Heedless, Cheryl, and Swarez!
Allison

Janet Vanderhoof said...

Love the energy, a feeling of moving up, forward, accomplishing with such power, great design and color.

Sarah said...

So pretty, I love the colors!

Debbie Lamey-MacDonald said...

Gorgeous colors and texture Allison!

Redpaint said...

The colours are very more-ish - I just want to keep looking!

Observations

Good Day! Here's another edition to my creative exercises on paper, "Observations". I really love this piece, it has an Ocea...