Wednesday, November 09, 2011

A Look At Fall Leaves in Asheville, NC

Hello again! Hope you've had a great Autumn this year. Since I live here in beautiful Western North Carolina, I thought I'd share with you photos and videos for your enjoyment. One warm Fall day we took our daughter over to the Botanical Gardens at Asheville right next to UNCA to walk in the leaves and through the stream. Did we ever had such a great outing and it's right here in town, yes, I know we are spoiled. If you get the chance while in Asheville, it's worth the visit to the Asheville Botanical Gardens. There is a nice walking path around the gardens, not too long at all. Great areas to stretch out on a blanket or pick your favorite private bench. But the best part, is walking down along the stream and hopping on river rocks! Yes, grab your water shoes and get prepared for loads of fun river rock hopping or just sit and soak up some sunshine.

Here's our photos from our Autumn outing on a warm sunny day. And I've included a few youtube.com videos of the mountains showing off their colors this Fall. Enjoy!

A Fall beautiful day. Colors just beginning to show.

The pathway begins.

Lots of yellows and golds.

Now the pathway winds.

A bench for you!

A lovely wood bridge over the stream.

Time to put on the water shoes.

The gentle stream in all of it's glory.


Close up of the water.

Walking on the river rocks. Oh, did I add my husband loves to take butt shots?

A child's delight.

Sitting on a fallen tree over the water.

 
 What fun, a day at the Asheville Botanical Gardens!

Here's a youtube video of Western North Carolina's Fall Leaf 
Color 2011. Enjoy!

And another video of fall color:

Asheville Early Fall Color, Blue Ridge Parkway, North Carolina Mountains




5 comments:

Cheryl said...

Just beautiful, Allison!

Heedless said...

The top photo...makes me want to try acrylic painting...(I have too many projects already) :)

Sarah said...

So so so beautiful. I love all of the colors of fall.

Stephanie Clayton said...

How beautiful! Fall is my favorite time of year but I never get to experience it. I have family near Asheville now, and they rave about the amazing colors.

Lisa Graham said...

Beautiful fall color! Don't you wish it could last forever?

Observations

Good Day! Here's another edition to my creative exercises on paper, "Observations". I really love this piece, it has an Ocea...