Thursday, November 12, 2009

Current Work In Progress - "The Barn Window"

The Barn Window
"The Barn Window"
Oil
This is a current work in progress.

Time to work on a project away from my usual abstract work and into realism. The original photograph was taken from the Reece family farm (my husband's family) in Indiana. To describe the photograph not only can you see the years of wear and tear on the barn, but a rather dusty window with little reflection left, a grain silo still in use today. This barn is no longer standing due to the property just recently being sold. Time moves on, but old memories remain. I'm proud to paint "The Barn Window". Check back with me on the final painted version.

No comments:

Observations

Good Day! Here's another edition to my creative exercises on paper, "Observations". I really love this piece, it has an Ocea...