Saturday, November 02, 2019

She Reads To Her Flowers

Hello!

Actually, I've been experiencing new art mediums and just needed the time to play with art.
Doing this period of exploration I was working on small paper and lots of it. And it felt good and freeing, no expectations, just play. As I filled up books and pages of art journal exercises


(I highly recommend), I was ready to back to canvas and go big. I felt myself missing going large while creating art on paper. It was back to basic art exploration and it was good. There's just something about canvas that feels so primitive. As my arms and upper body to move across the large canvas, I feel greater options... there's room, there's space, there no limits. It feels... larger than life at times.

Getting back to larger canvases, I took what I gained experimenting and applied those markings on a canvas in a new style. So what happened, what took place?

This is it. 
I envisioned her sitting in her garden as she reads out loud, the flowers lean in listening so intently to every word. She looks up and sees them enjoying the sounds coming from her lips. She looks back down at her book and continues to read to her flowers and smiles. 

I hope you enjoy this painting.

Title: She Reads To Her Flowers
Medium: Mixed Media
Size: 40" x 30" Gallerywrapped Canvas

No comments:

Observations

Good Day! Here's another edition to my creative exercises on paper, "Observations". I really love this piece, it has an Ocea...